Pumping in Hirakatashi






Hirakatashi as expected of any shopping center area, is far more busy and crowded. The flow of people and it’s intense lights and billboards compete or attention.Also you will find in Hirakatashi the main taxis points and bus stop, administrative buildings, shopping malls and karaoke.

However this flow of people decreases around 8pm and from that time Hirakatashi receives a different public. Moving contrary to the every day routine, garage bands make their concerts at the corners, an Indian tunes songs without extending the hand and with no hat aside; turning your head to the other side you will see groups of young people exchanging street dance steps as break, house and hip-hop.

One night I decided to go beyond the sight study and spend some time with one of those street dancers group just to have an approach of their feeling and also I was striving on making a conversation. I overcame my shyness and insecurity about communication barriers. Finally I had a deep breath to get in one of the dance circles and the group understood that I had an affinity and interest in them, giving me permission to take pictures as you can check it out.

2 comments:

visual gonthros said...

Is this an extra post?

Lívia Teixeira said...

rs yes, it is an extra one. I was just walking around and it thought that it might be interesting to post...

Post a Comment